You don’t need a special occasion to enjoy these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. They are three baked treats all in one.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 – 8 oz blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- Melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined and very smooth.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and food coloring.
- Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add flour and salt and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- To prepare cheesecake mixture, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Drop in dollops onto prepared brownie batter.
- Gently swirl two batters with a butter knife.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set.
- A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan completely before slicing and serving, either at room temperature or chilled.