I’ve been wanting to try to make zucchini noodles for a while now but refused to purchase another kitchen gadget; especially a spiralizer.
Then I found this video.
With the noodles on a base of mushrooms, garlic and cashews, it cried out for shrimp. So much better than using pasta.
- 6 zucchini, washed
- 450 grams (1 lb) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Using a spiral slicer, cut the zucchini into noodles and place them into a colander over a bowl or in the sink.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and toss to combine. Let the zucchini sit for 15 minutes while the salt extracts the moisture.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, paprika, chili flakes,lemon juice, and shrimp in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Saute until the shrimp change color.
- Rinse the zucchini under running water to remove the salt and dry on paper towels.
- Add the zucchini noodles and parsley to the garlic shrimp, toss to coat and serve.
Source: Lori’s Kitchen