Cherry Walnut Icebox Cookies are not just for Christmas.
What I love about icebox/refrigerator cookies is that you can make extra, store it in the freezer and when you want fresh cookies just slice and bake.
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. candied red cherries, sliced in half (I used marachino)
- 1 c. walnut halves
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour, cherries and walnuts.
- Chill until firm (about 3 hours)
- Divide into pieces and roll into logs about 10 in. long and 1 in. in diameter.
- Slice as thinly as possible (about ⅛ inch).
- Bake at 325F for 8-10 minutes.
Source: Anna Olsen