Cooked or raw, hot or cold, I love cauliflower. More and more recipes are popping up substituting cauliflower for mashed potatoes and even pizza crust.
The video on BuzzFeed this morning, intrigued me to try what ends up tasting like chicken nuggets. I ended up baking an extra ten minutes to further soften it since not all florets were the same size.
Add this to your holiday appetizer tray to please the vegetarians or diet conscious. It makes a wonderful side dish too.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the batter:
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450˚F/230˚C.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half. Pluck bite-sized florets from each half. Trim bottoms of florets as necessary.
- In a medium bowl, mix the batter ingredients.
- Add cauliflower to the batter. Stir so each floret is fully coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread cauliflower florets on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and toss with buffalo sauce.
- Return cauliflower to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until browned to your liking.
Inspired by recipe here.