Broccoli and Stilton Soup for blue cheese lovers. Any blue cheese will do but Stilton adds an extra kick.
Another option would be using cheddar.
It might make everyone love broccoli too. The kids won’t see it coming.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces Stilton cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Stir in broccoli and potatoes and cook until vegetables begin to release their moisture.
- Pour in chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor or with an immersion blender.
- Garnish with more cheese and croutons.
Source: Warm Up To Winter