Love chocolate? Love wine? Dessert fanatic? These chocolate cherry merlot brownies are meant for you.
Top with whipped or ice cream to put it further over the top.
Chocolate Cherry Merlot Brownies
- 1 1/4 cups (6-oz. pkg.) dried sweet cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup Merlot wine
- 8 oz. NESTLÉ CHOCOLATIER™ 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Bar(s), broken into small pieces
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- MICROWAVE dried cherries and wine in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute. Set aside for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain cherries; discard wine.
- MICROWAVE small chocolate pieces in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted; cool to room temperature.
- COMBINE flour and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in medium mixer bowl until well mixed. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Stir in drained cherries. Spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 33 to 37 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- NOTE: Sweetened dried cranberries can be substituted for the dried cherries.
- SOURCE: http://www.verybestbaking.com