Something spicy would be nice tonight. How about Cajun Sausage Jambalaya? Keeping it simple and inexpensive. Otherwise, I would add chicken and shrimp too. Next time …
Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalepeno chile, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. Andouille Sausage, cut into 1/2" slices (kielbasa will do)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion, green pepper, garlic and jalapeno pepper in oil until tender. Add sausage, tomatoes, water and rice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- OPTION: One pound of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined may be added to the Jambalaya during the last 6 to 8 minutes of cooking time. Cook until shrimp have turned pink.