Looking for a light lunch? Soup is often enough. Hot or cold.
This carrot lentil soup is flavourful, healthy and filling.
Make it in a slow cooker to have ready for dinner.
Carrot Lentil Soup
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- pinch red chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 carrots, washed and coarsely grated (no need to peel)
- 1/3 cup split red lentils
- 1 litre vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine cumin, chilli flakes, olive oil, carrots, lentils and stock in a pan..
- Bring to a boil.
- Add milk and simmer 15 minutes.
- Blend until smooth with immersion blender or food processor or NutriBullet