A tuna casserole is always a nice change even though a family classic.
It is cheesy, creamy and an old-fashioned comfort food.
Just toss a light salad and you’re good to go.
- 1/2 lb. wide flat egg noodles
- 12 oz. tuna in water,drained and flaked apart
- 2 c. Swiss cheese
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. peas
- 6 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. fresh chives
- 1/4 c. diced green bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425F. Butter a 12x9x2 in. baking casserole.
- Boil noodles to al dente. Drain and toss with tuna.
- Over medium heat, combine cheese, cream, sour cream, mayonnaise, peas, onion, chives and bell pepper. Cook until smooth (about 7 minutes).
- Toss sauce with noodle mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly in casserole. Toss the butter with bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of noodles.
- Bake until bubbling and golden and crispy on top, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.