I must admit that I have never lived anywhere there was a Chipotle restaurant. However, Chipotle’s Copycat Honey Vinaigrette salad dressing makes me look forward to a visit.
Needing an easy salad dressing today, I found this recipe and am happy I did.
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 small garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.