Snacks can be healthy when made with fresh ingredients. Guacamole Mexicana is a mixture of ripe Haas avocados, Roma tomatoes, onions and flavourful spices.
- 2 Haas avocados, mashed
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons habanera salsa
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place avocado in large bowl, mash and add lime juice to coat
- Add the salt, cumin, cayenne and habanera sauce.
- Fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
- Let flavours blend at room temperature an hour before serving with tortilla chips or crudities.