Serve this grapefruit avocado salsa as an appetizer with chips or as a relish spooned over grilled chicken or fish.
It was light and refreshing and a nice change from tomato based salsas.
- 1 avocado, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and sectioned (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- Mix together chopped avocado and grapefruit. Add minced serrano pepper. Drizzle with orange juice and extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Toss to combine.
Source: Better Homes & Gardens