An Argentinian pesto of sorts, chimichurri is a delicious green sauce made with fresh herbs, typically used as a marinade or an accompaniment to all cuts of beef.
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs. white vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, toss the chopped herb with the minced garlic.
- Stir in lemon juice and vinegars; then slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Set aside at least 2 hours. Serve at room temperature.
Source: A Taste of Latin America