Sandwich with chorizo sausage.
‘Chori’ is short for ‘chorizo’, a spicy sausage. ‘Pan’ is ‘bread’ in Spanish. Choripanes are delicious sandwiches that use chimichurri sauce as an integral part of the experience.
- 1 pound Argentinian chorizo, sliced lengthwise
- 1 baguette or 2-3 hot dog buns
- 2 tbsp. soft butter
- Chimichurri sauce
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place the chorizo on grill until fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes per side. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Slice the bread lengthwise, spread butter on each half. Place halves in the grill, inside down. Toast and remove from grill.
- Spread insides of bread with chimichurri sauce.
- Sandwich the chorizo between two slices of the warm bread.
Source: A Taste of Latin America